Nicole Foley, MD
|Hometown: Rancho Palos Verdes, California|
|Medical School: Western Michigan University Stryker School of Medicine|
|Residency: Washington University School of Medicine / Barnes Jewish Hospital|
|Research/Academic Interests: clinical and translational research on hematologic malignancies, bone marrow transplantation, graft versus host disease, cellular and immuno-therapies|
|Bio: When I’m not working and the weather permits, I enjoy spending time outside. The fall months are the best for hiking in local parks or biking on the Katy trail. Another great source of entertainment for me is live music which sadly, but necessarily, was on hiatus during COVID. From classical orchestra music to bluegrass, all types of concerts enable me to live in the moment.|
- Bystrom, P., Foley, N.C., Toledo-Pereyra, L., Quesnelle, K. Ischemic preconditioning modulates ROS to confer protection in liver ischemia and reperfusion. EXCLI Journal. April 7, 2017. PMID: 28694752
- Foley, N.C., Van Ziffle, J., Yu, J., Qi, Z., Grenert, J., Yeh, I., Bastain, B., Kogan, S., & Mannis, G.N. Acute Myeloid Leukemia with t(14;21) Involving RUNX1 and SYNE2: A Novel Favorable-Risk Translocation? Cancer Genetics. October 2017. PMID: 29025598
- Fiala, M.A., Foley, N.C., Zweegman, S., Vij, R., & Wildes, T.M. The characteristics, treatment patterns, and outcomes of older adults aged 80 and over with multiple myeloma. Journal of Geriatric Oncology. Epub ahead of print. March 2020. PMID: 32169544
- Mannis, G.N., Therrien, N., Van Ziffle, J., Foley, N.C., Yeh, I., Zhong, S., He, J., Nahas, M., Andreadis, B., Damon, L.E., Olin, R.L, Prakash, S., Mughal, T., Logan, A.C., & Martin, T. The Role of Comprehensive Mutational Profiling in Predicting Patients Who May Benefit from Autologous Hematopoietic Cell Transplant for Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Poster presented at: American Society of Hematology 2017 Annual Meeting; December 2017; Atlanta, GA.
- Foley, N.C., Hwang, J., Balsamo, N., Akhilanda, L., Mannis, G., Olin, R.L., & Logan, A.C. Impact of Demographic and Socioeconomic Factors on Outcomes following Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. Poster presented at: American Society of Hematology 2017 Annual Meeting; December 2017; Atlanta, GA.
- Foley, N.C., & Sanfilippo, K. Acquired Factor VIII Inhibitor Associated with Monoclonal Gammopathy of Undetermined Significance. Poster presented at: American College of Physicians 2018 Annual Missouri Chapter Meeting; September 2018; Osage Beach, MO.
- Foley, N.C., Fiala, M., Vij, R., Wildes, T. The Characteristics, Treatment Patterns, and Outcomes of Older Adults with Multiple Myeloma. Poster presented at International Myeloma Workshop 2019 Annual Meeting; October 2019; Boston, MA.