Jared Cohen, MD
Fellow Wellness Leader
|Hometown: Buffalo, NY|
|Medical School: Saint Louis University|
|Residency: San Antonio Uniformed Services Health Education Consortium|
|Research/Academic Interests: Early phase clinical and translational research in acute leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome; cellular and immuno-therapy; acute/chronic GVHD, transplant infectious disease|
|Bio: I followed a non-conventional path to get to fellowship with a prior career as a professional jazz pianist. I still love to play and listen to all different types of music and love that Saint Louis has a rich music scene diverse with jazz to classical to rock/pop offerings.|
I also love to cook, eat and drink wine. My family and I lived in northern Italy while I was active duty in the US Air Force and we fell in love with the language and culture. We love to travel and adventure whenever possible.
I also love to cycle, and read fiction. My wife works as a fiction and non-fiction writer and high school English teacher at Brentwood high school. She is from Saint Louis and we are thrilled to be back here for now and hope to make it our permanent home. We have two children: Ruby, our girl, is 8 and Gabriel, our boy is 4.
- Adkins D, Ley J, Cohen J, Oppelt P. The Potential for Selective Cyclin-Dependent Kinase 4/6 Inhibition in the Therapy for Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Cancer J. 2022 Sep-Oct 01;28(5):377-380. doi: 10.1097/PPO.0000000000000617. PMID: 36165726.
- Cohen JA, Ghobadi A. Axicabtagene ciloleucel for the treatment of relapsed or refractory follicular lymphoma. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2022 Sep;22(9):903-914. doi: 10.1080/14737140.2022.2096009. Epub 2022 Aug 5. PMID: 35786133.
- Bomben R, Rossi FM, Vit F, Bittolo T, D’Agaro T, Zucchetto A, Tissino E, Pozzo F, Vendramini E, Degan M, Zaina E, Cattarossi I, Varaschin P, Nanni P, Berton M, Braida A, Polesel J, Coen JA, Santinelli E, Biagi A, Gentile M, Morabito F, Fronza G, Pozzato G, D’Arena G, Olivieri J, Bulian P, Pepper C, Hockaday A, Schuh A, Hillmen P, Rossi D, Chiarenza A, Zaja F, Di Raimondo F, Del Poeta G, Gattei V. TP53 mutations with low variant allele frequency predict short survival in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2021 Jul 20:clincanres.0701.2021. doi: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-21-0701. Epub ahead of print.
- Cohen, J.A., et al. An updated perspective on current prognostic and predictive biomarkers in chronic lymphocytic leukemia in the context of chemoimmunotherapy and novel targeted therapy. Cancers. 2020, Apr; 12(4): 894. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 32272636. Pub Status: Published.
- Cohen, J.A., et al. A Laboratory Based Scoring System Predicts Early Treatment in Rai 0 CLL. Haematologica. 2020, Jun; 105(6): 1613-1620. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 31582547. Pub Status: Published.
- Cohen, J.A., et al. A prospective evaluation of thromboelastometry (ROTEM) to identify acute traumatic coagulopathy and predict massive transfusion in military trauma patients in Afghanistan. Transfusion. 2019, Apr; 59(S2): 1601-1607. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 30980751. Pub Status: Published.
- Cohen, J.A., et al. Gastric Outlet Obstruction due to Gastrointestinal Amyloidosis. Journal of Gastrointestinal Surgery. 2017, Mar; 21(3): 600-601. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 27542374. Pub Status: Published.
- Cohen, J.A., et al. Herpes Simplex Virus Seroprevalence and Seroconversion Among Active Duty US Air Force Members with HIV Infection. Jounal of Clinical Virology. 2016, Jan; 74(74): 4-7. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 26615389. Pub Status: Published.
- Rothermich, M.A., Cohen, J.A., & Wright, R. Stable Meniscal Tears Left In Situ at the Time of Arthoscopic Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Systematic Review. Journal of Knee Surgery. 2015, Apr; 29(3): 228-34. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 25927355. Pub Status: Published.