Bindiya Patel, MD
|Hometown: Schaumburg, Illinois|
|Medical School: University of South Florida|
|Residency: Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes-Jewish Hospital|
|Research/Academic Interests: Health outcomes, non-malignant hematology|
|Bio: I enjoy running and eating my way through different cities. In St. Louis, my favorite place to run is, of course, in Forest Park and current favorite place to eat is Clover and the Bee. Given that St. Louis is central to many places, I love to take short weekend trips to Chicago, Nashville, and Kansas City.|
- Patel BG, Luo S, Wildes T.M., Sanfilippo K.M. Frailty in Older Adults with Multiple Myeloma: A Study of US Veterans. JCO Clinical Cancer Informatics. 4:117-127, 2020. PMID: 32083955
- Ahmed KA, Abuodeh Y, Echevarria MI, Arrington J, Stallworth DG, Hogue C, Naghavi AO, Kim S, Kim Y, Patel BG, Sarangkasiri S, Johnstone PA, Sahebjam S, Khushalani NI, Forsyth PA, Harrison LB, Yu M, Etame AB, Caudell JJ. Clinical Outcomes of Melanoma Brain Metastases Treated with Stereotactic Radiosurgery and Anti-PD-1 Therapy, Anti-CTLA-4 Therapy, BRAF/MEK Inhibitors, BRAF inhibitor, or Conventional Chemotherapy. Annals of Oncology. 27(12):2288-2294, 2016. PMID: 27637745
- Patel BG, K.A. Ahmed, P.A.S. Johnstone, H.H.M. Yu, A.B. Etame. Initial Experience with Combined BRAF and MEK Inhibition with Stereotactic Radiosurgery for BRAF Mutant Melanoma Brain Metastases. Melanoma Research. 26(4):382-6, 2016. PMID: 26926151
- Thomas TS, B Patel, S Luo, C Vakkalagadda, J.W. Keller, E.M. Knoche, K.M. Sanfilippo, K.R. Carson. Impact of Metformin use on Pathologic response following chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer. 2018.
- Patel BG, M Giangreco, J Lamarche. Pseudohypercalcemia in Multiple Myeloma: Important Inpatient Implications. The Ochsner Journal. 15(1):e1-31, 2015.