Zachary Crees, MD
3rd Year Fellow, Co-Chief Fellow
|Hometown: Billings, Montana|
|Medical School: University of Illinois, College of Medicine|
|Residency: Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes-Jewish Hospital|
|Research/Academic Interests: Hematologic malignancies; hematopoietic cell transplantation, cellular therapeutics and novel immune-cell engagers; Hematopoietic stem cell and bone marrow niche signaling.|
|Bio: I have a 1 year old son, who keeps my wife and I busy in our free time. We enjoy taking him out to Forest Park, the Science Museum, the St. Louis Zoo, the St. Louis Aquarium, the Botanical Gardens and so many more wonderful things to do in the city. We also love hanging out by the pool, visiting any number of local bars and restaurants that are within walking distance of our house (there are lots!!) or catching a Cardinals game. |
St. Louis is an easy city to live in, with great cost of living, plenty to do. We love it here.
- Crees ZD, Stockerl-Goldstein K, Vainstein A, Chen H, DiPersio JF. GENESIS: Phase III trial evaluating BL-8040 + G-CSF to mobilize hematopoietic cells for autologous transplant in myeloma. Future Oncol. 2019 Nov;15(31):3555-3563. PubMed PMID: 31495201.
- Crees ZD, Fritz C, Heudebert A, Noe J, Rengarajan A, Wang X, editors. The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics. 36th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer; 2019. 1074p.
- Crees ZD. Advanced Cadiac Life Support Algorithms . In: The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics. 36th ed. Crees ZD, Fritz C, Heudebert A, Noe J, Rengarajan A, Wang X, editors. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer; 2019. Chapter Appendix C; p.1037-1039. 1074p.
- Crees ZD, Stockerl-Goldstein K, Vainstein A, Sorani E, Chen H, Bohana-Kashtan O, DiPersio JF. GENESIS – A Phase III Randomized Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multi-Center Trial Evaluating the Safety and Efficacy of BL-8040 and G-CSF in Mobilization of Hematopoietic Stem Cells for Autologous Transplantation in Multiple Myeloma – Lead-in Period Results. Annual Transplantation and Cellular Therapy and Center for International Bone Marrow Transplant Research – Tandem Meeting; 2019 February; Houston, TX. c.
- So E, Crees ZD, Crites D, Wang-Gillam A. Digital Ischemia and Necrosis: A Rarely Described Complication of Gemcitabine in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. J Pancreat Cancer. 2017;3(1):49-52. PubMed PMID: 30631842.
- Crees ZD, Despotovic V. Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma Presenting as Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis and Vanishing Bile Duct Syndrome. American College of Physicians Annual Scientific Meeting; 2017 September; Osage Beach, MO. c.
- Puri N, Crees ZD, Shearrow C, Lin L, Arasi K, Bhoraskar A, Nowak A, Chhabra G, Sreenivassappa S, Vitali C, David O. The EGFR-mTOR Signaling Axis: a Prognostic Biomarker in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer at the Time of Diagnosis. International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) Multidisciplinary Symposium in Thoracic Oncology; 2016 September; Chicago, IL, United States. c.
- Crees ZD, Meltiady I. Spontaneous, Intramuscular Swelling in an Elderly Female. American College of Physicians Annual Scientific Meeting. 2015 April; Boston, MA, United States.
- Etnyre D, Stone AL, Fong JT, Jacobs RJ, Uppada SB, Botting GM, Rajanna S, Moravec DN, Shambannagari MR, Crees Z, Girard J, Bertram C, Puri N. Targeting c-Met in melanoma: mechanism of resistance and efficacy of novel combinatorial inhibitor therapy. Cancer Biol Ther. 2014 Sep;15(9):1129-41. PubMed PMID: 24914950.
- Crees Z, Girard J, Rios Z, Botting GM, Harrington K, Shearrow C, Wojdyla L, Stone AL, Uppada SB, Devito JT, Puri N. Oligonucleotides and G-quadruplex stabilizers: targeting telomeres and telomerase in cancer therapy. Curr Pharm Des. 2014;20(41):6422-37. PubMed PMID: 24975605.
- Mulnix RE, Pitman RT, Retzer A, Bertram C, Arasi K, Crees Z, Girard J, Uppada SB, Stone AL, Puri N. hnRNP C1/C2 and Pur-beta proteins mediate induction of senescence by oligonucleotides homologous to the telomere overhang. Onco Targets Ther. 2013;7:23-32. PubMed PMID: 24379680.
- Li M, Maddison LA, Crees Z, Chen W. Targeted overexpression of CKI-insensitive cyclin-dependent kinase 4 increases functional β-cell number through enhanced self-replication in zebrafish. Zebrafish. 2013 Jun;10(2):170-6. PubMed PMID: 23544990.
- Crees ZD, Li M, Maddison LA, Chen W. Overnutrition, Cyclins, and Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER) Stress Signaling in the Regulation of β-Cell Mass. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease, Medical Student Research Symposium; 2012 August; Nashville, TN. c.
- Crees ZD, Sharma V, Klopper JP. Combination Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) Activation and Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase (MAPK) Inhibition in Thyroid Cancer. Annual Endocrine Society Meeting. 2011 June; Boston, MA.
- Sharma V, Fretwell D, Crees Z, Kerege A, Klopper JP. Thyroid cancer resistance to vitamin D receptor activation is associated with 24-hydroxylase levels but not the ff FokI polymorphism. Thyroid. 2010 Oct;20(10):1103-11. PubMed PMID: 20860424.
- Crees ZD, Sharma V, Fretwell D, Klopper JP. The Vitamin D Receptor: A Novel Therapeutic Target for Poorly Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. ABRCMS Conference; 2010 November; Charlotte, NC, United States.