Raya Saba, MD MSCI
2nd Year Fellow
|Hometown: Damascus, Syria|
|Medical School: University of Damascus Faculty of Medicine, Syria|
|Residency: Presence Saint Joseph Hospital, Chicago IL|
|Research/Academic Interests: Myelodysplastic syndrome, acute myeloid leukemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma|
|Bio: I grew up in Damascus (Syria) and briefly lived in Calgary (Canada) before moving to the US. Having escaped the turmoil in my home country, I am glad to have had the opportunity to build a life and career in Chicago then St Louis. In my free time, I enjoy drawing and painting. My area of interest is figurative art, specifically portraits in impressionist and surrealist styles, and I use acrylic color, oil color, and mixed media. I also enjoy reading philosophical books and novels, and my favorites existentialist authors are Kafka, Camus, and Dostoevsky.|
- Shah NN, Szabo A, Saba R, Strelec L, Kodali D, Vaughn JL, Esan O, Yang DT, Mato AR, Kanate AS, Olteanu H, Hamadani M, Fenske TS, Kenkre VP, Svoboda J, Cashen AF, Epperla N. Multicenter Analysis of Advanced Stage Grade 3A Follicular Lymphoma Outcomes by Frontline Treatment Regimen. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2019 Feb;19(2):95-102.
- Duncavage EJ, Jacoby MA, Chang GS, Miller CA, Edwin N, Shao J, Elliott K, Robinson J, Abel H, Fulton RS, Fronick CC, O’Laughlin M, Heath SE, Brendel K, Saba R, Wartman LD, Christopher MJ, Pusic I, Welch JS, Uy GL, Link DC, DiPersio JF, Westervelt P, Ley TJ, Trinkaus K, Graubert TA, Walter MJ. Mutation Clearance after Transplantation for Myelodysplastic Syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2018 Sep 13;379(11):1028-1041
- Saba R, Saleem N, Peace D. Long-term survival consequent on the abscopal effect in a patient with multiple myeloma. BMJ Case Rep. 2016 Apr 20;2016. pii: bcr2016215237. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2016-215237.
- Saba R, Alsayed A, Zacny JP, Dudek AZ. The Role of Forkhead Box Protein M1 in Breast Cancer Progression and Resistance to Therapy. Int J Breast Cancer. 2016;2016:9768183. doi: 10.1155/2016/9768183. Epub 2016 Jan 31.
- Lee SL, Yu D, Wang C, Saba R, Liu S, Trpkov K, Donnelly B, Bismar TA. ERG Expression in Prostate Needle Biopsy: Potential Diagnostic and Prognostic Implications. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2014 Dec 16.