Emily Podany, MD
|Hometown: Los Angeles, CA|
|Medical School: Baylor College of Medicine|
|Residency: Baylor College of Medicine|
|Research/Academic Interests: Breast cancer; reducing health disparities, with an emphasis on cancer screening; quality improvement|
|Bio: : I am an avid writer of narrative nonfiction, I love board games and cooking, and I can often be found reading the newest thriller. I spend lots of time with my husband and three children. We love taking winding walks in Tower Grove Park, discovering amazing new parks and museums in St. Louis, hiking, and having dance parties in our living room. We are new(ish) to St. Louis – I went to WashU for undergrad – and we are so far blown away at how family friendly it is and how much time we have spent outdoors.|
- Podany EL et al. Evaluating patient risk factors associated with low rates of breast cancer clinical trial accrual. American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, June 2022, online publication. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2022.40.16_suppl.e18547
- Podany EL et al. Improving the process of obtaining screening and diagnostic breast MRI: A quality improvement project at an urban VA hospital. American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, June 2022, online publication. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2022.40.16_suppl.e18641
- Shafaee MN … Podany E et al. Breast Cancer Treatment Delay in SafetyNet Health Systems, Houston Versus Southeast Brazil. Oncologist. 2022 May 6;27(5):344-351. doi: 10.1093/oncolo/oyac050. PMID: 35348756; PMCID: PMC9074991.
- Nemati Shafaee M, Podany EL et al. Breast cancer clinical trial participation rate among patients of low socioeconomic status at a comprehensive cancer center. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. San Antonio, TX. December 2021.
- Simmons, K, Podany, EL, et al. Debilitation after Cancer Remission: The Devastating Consequences of Paraneoplastic Neurologic Syndromes. Abstract published at Hospital Medicine 2020, Virtual Competition. Abstract 1061 Journal of Hospital Medicine.
Ramalho S…Podany E, et al. Impact of delay in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment according to health insurance status in southwest Brazil and Houston, Texas. San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. San Antonio, TX. December 2017.